Chasing my architect dream
Chasing my architect dream.
Word count: 1026
Choice count: 16
Section count: 11
Image count: 11
Error count: 7
Field Related Analysis
Education : 62 matches
(cegep, choice, compensation, don, element, exam, feedback, field, field of study, first, head, learn, learned, management, motivation, portfolio, private, project, review, scholarship, school, semester, students, teacher, university)Law : 25 matches
(admission, cause, compensation, family, government, half a year, house, independent, issue, private, private company, process)Web development : 21 matches
(architecture, call, element, field, package, position, post, private, select, solution, stop, true)Target Structure: (15 matches)
abolished (1 match)
compensation (1 match)
fulfillment (1 match)
hr (1 match)
internship (3 matches)
lack of (1 match)
leg work (1 match)
maddening (1 match)
overwhelming (1 match)
compensation package (1 match)
purpose (1 match)
straight a's (1 match)
time management (1 match)
vacant position (1 match)
theft (1 match)
Chasing my architect dream.
Which university.
I finally finished my cegep, and I don't know how, but I managed to pull of all straight A's. So, I had only one purpose now: enjoying my future field of study. Good new, I received two positives responses for my admission in architecture school. However, my whole family was skeptical about me leaving the city. I put this aside because I was sure that I would prove them it's a good opportunity. I thoughtfully review both of the programs.
Choice 1 : Accepte th admission uf Univerité de Montréal
Choice 2 : Accept the admission of Carlton university

Carlton university.
I chose to accept my admission for Carlton University. For months, I planned everything to make my first day at Carlton less stressing. But, the second I put a foot in the establishment I felt powerless, everything was enormous but even worse, someone was waiting for me. It was a member of the recruitment, he told me that my admission could be abolished. Somehow, someone theft on my project for the portfolio. I had to prove it was my creation. I didn't know how to do that, so, my admission is now rejected. I should've listened to mt family, I think university is not for me.
Choice 1 : Lack of motivation, try again
Université de Montreal.
I chose to accept my admission for Université de Montreal. Now I had to set everything up to change city and to give more time for my studies, cause there's a maddening thing about me : time management is my weakness. To change that I planned a meeting with the HR to change my post. Because, leg work and over time are not a good idea now that I'll start a life in a new town. They refused to give me a stable post but proposed a compensation package, to stay with them. I refused so, I left a vacant position, but the issue is that I need money to pay for my studies.
Choice 1 : Look for another job
Choice 2 : Focus on my studies
Another job.
I spend too much time looking for a new job that will give me some kind of fulfillment, good colleagues or even a small business. But nothing really convinces me or, they didn't call me back. I don't have enough money to pay the apartment, the food and the university. I might take a year off to earn more money.
Select a section to link to here.
Choice 2 : I can't afford this life, try again
Focus on my studies.
I chose to focus on my studies so. I talked to my parents about the situation, and they are happily proposing me to finance my scholarship and everything that come with it. That lead to my first day in architecture school, and I don't really know what to expect. The studio looks intense with modals and drawing everywhere. The teacher explained the first project, but I already felt a bit overwhelming. I started wondering if I really belong here.
Choice 1 : Comparing with others.
Choice 2 : Trying my best.
Comparing with others.
I looked around and everyone seems more talented than me. They are fully in their design, they know what they are doing. It's the first da and everyone seems able to do multitasking, modeling and even planning. I was he only one not in her element. I started to lose confidence, and I felt like I made the wrong choice by being here. I don't really try anymore, even conceiving something in my head feel's impossible.
Choice 1 : Annoying thought about quitting, try again
Trying my best.
I decided to stay focus and take it step by step. I listen carefully and start sketching ideas for small sustainable house, plans for a future project with urbanism students about conceiving greener buildings. Even if works are not perfect, I begin to understand how creative this field can be. The concept of designing something by myself, with my idea's feels like a dream who became true. But, does my work respect the demands of the teacher.
Choice 1 : Find a solution by myself.
Choice 2 : Ask for a feedback.
Find a solution by myself.
It seems like the classroom is already divided by group of friends, they are already concentrated on their one thing. I didn't want to impose myself or disturbing them. So, I tried to be independent but, I kept doubting myself and stop putting efforts into my work. I decided to change program because I don't see myself in architecture anymore.
Choice 1 : Isolation lead to avoid this field, try again
Ask for a feedback.
I asked for a feedback and improved my work. Little by little I felt more comfortable. I started enjoying the process and expressing my ideas. I finally felt really connected to architecture, and I know I made the right choice. I made it to my last year and before my exam to enter the OAQ (Ordre des Architectes du Qébec) I need to do an internship, to learn a real experience.
Choice 1 : Go with the government.
Choice 2 : Go in a private company.
Go in a private company.
I chose to do my internship in a private company. They had me for about half a year then I had to search for something else by myself. That took too much time.
Choice 1 : Career stagnation, try again
Go with the government.
I chose to do my internship with the government. They gave me an apartment, they paid for my deplacements but the best thing is that they actually engage me. That mean that they started to pay for my last semester at the university. And when I'll finish my studies I will not have to start looking for a job. I gained experience and after years with them I also learned a lot and that made me able to start my own company, and work for myself. I was independent and enjoying my life like I dreamed about.
Choice 1 : Successful job and life, start over
Commentaires
Publier un commentaire